The producer’s resource for pulses, oilseeds and cereals
The total crop production in Alberta has increased over the past five years and will continue to increase in the future. Much of this can be attributed to increased yields, which has been achieved through continuing research into crop agronomics (new varieties, best management practices etc).
With increased competition for land and high input costs, producers are looking to optimize production and maximize profits on their acres. LARA strives to help producer make the most of limited resources by improving agronomic practices, utilizing new technology and understanding the value of production.
The goals of this program are to:
- Aid producers in crop and variety selection
- Increase crop diversity through crop selection and variety selection
- Determine and demonstrate the viability of specialty crops in the Lakeland
- Demonstrate current and emerging agronomic practices
- Improve on-farm agronomic practices
- Address local agronomic concerns through demonstration and extension